Monday, April 25, 2016

Soon, very soon

I'm a transitioning veteran, student, mom etc., I'm down to my last two terms in school before I graduate and I'm really burned out now. I hate every morning waking up knowing there's nothing I really look forward to. I recently retired, but I left my full-time position 2 years ago this coming July to obtain my culinary degree and now that I have that, I'm working on my entrepreneurship degree. I hope to buy a food truck some time in the near future. Honestly, I don't even want to think about it right now. This blog will serve as a virtual diary/journal in the meantime.

In just a couple of weeks, I'll be headed west to California for a cook position I applied for at a rustic resort in the Sequoia National Forest. I'm really excited about a change and meeting new people. I'm a little scared and nervous just because it's different and a general fear of the unknown. I felt the need to escape from the east coast and see what I can make happen somewhere else. Sometimes, I feel like I'm losing my mind. I really don't know where I want to be or exactly what I want to do. I really want to take this time to soul search and be around a new group of people in a new environment. I feel like the energy in a new place is what I need and will breathe new life into the hum drum day to day that I'm in now. I'll leave it at that for right now. It's getting late and my brain is turning to mush.