Monday, May 2, 2016

What is happening?

This weekend, I haphazardly packed some things and brought them to my storage unit. I shuffled some stuff around to make more room. I think I got it figured out. I always hate packing. You'd think I would stop moving so much. I just still have so much to achieve before I settle down. Seems like I'll always be living out of a duffel bag, literally and figuratively.

The time is drawing near where I'm hitting the road for this trip! I say trip, but what I really mean is for my job... I know it's work but I have in mind that this might not be the work that I'm used to. I'm not saying it'll be easy, but it'll beat working with that ate up chef I worked for last summer who was so negative about everything and didn't teach me shit. It really had me thinking I had chosen the wrong line of work. No, just the wrong kitchen.

So a few months ago I was in a crummy relationship with a guy that I cared for very much. He had a lot of emotional problems (even more than me!) and finally he ended it with me after he had seemingly driven himself nuts. I took it really hard and have struggled with it ever since. I kept wondering what I could have done differently. I hadn't reached out to him. I felt I was the wounded animal in this situation and if he wanted to talk to me then he would. Well guess what? He messaged me today via Facebook. I have really mixed emotions about it. I felt a rush of anger, sadness, but yet relief when I saw who the message was from. He said he had been thinking about me and wondered how I was doing and that he'd felt a lot better... Ding ding ding! Red flag alert! I don't really know what he has in mind. I asked if he would meet me to talk this weekend before I head west. He said he'd like that. Who knows if it will happen.. We'll see. These are my thoughts for today..

1 comment:

  1. He did ended up punking out on seeing me. Who knows if the excuse was true or not. Hadn't heard from him since. Big surprise...

    ReplyDelete